This blog contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission from your purchases.
What to do if an angry mom mob comes after you
- Don’t react right away. Give yourself some time to figure out what’s going on.
- Figure out who the leader is. All angry moms have a leader rallying the troops. This is usually the first person who was upset by your words or actions.
- Reach out this person. Calmly. Respectfully. Curiously.
- Listen to their concerns. Again – calmly, respectfully, curiously.
- Acknowledge the upset. That doesn’t mean admitting you were wrong. A simple, “I can see you’re really upset.” is effective.
- Ask for time. Say, “I want to address your concerns. I need a little time and will get back to you.”
- Get introspective. Why are they angry? Could they be right? Do some research. Talk to unbiased parties. Lean on people you trust to tell you the truth.
- If you determine you were wrong, admit it, apologize and work to make it right.
- If you stand by your words or actions, state it and ask to agree to disagree. Or perhaps a compromise can be reached that allows everyone to feel heard.
- Analyze how you could have handled things differently.
- Move on.
Posts on this blog contain affiliate links.