This blog contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission from your purchases.
My husband is the pickiest eater I’ve ever met by far. And I was both a nanny and preschool teacher for many years, so that’s really saying something! He loves to watch cooking competition shows, though. We watched Luca make cauliflower risotto on “Next Food Network Star” recently for a family on Rachael Ray’s daytime show. He was challenged to make a dish with hidden vegetables kids would like. It wasn’t fair because the tots were right there watching him make it, so there was no way to hide it. As a result, the kids refused to taste it, but the judges loved it. I’m always trying to get more veggies in my daughter (and myself, too!), so I was excited to try it. I ran out and got a head of cauliflower the very next day. I “riced” the cauliflower in my Ninja just like Luca said. It was a first for me. He made his with a meat sauce. I used Mom’s brand jarred marinara and turkey kielbasa. My daughter LOVED it. I did, too. This will definitely go in our regular rotation.
Kid Friendly Cauliflower Risotto
- 1 head of cauliflower washed and chopped into florets
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar of marinara sauce or equivalent amount of homemade
- 1 packaged turkey kielbasa sliced
- Optional: Parmesan cheese
- Star browning onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Put cauliflower in blender or food processor and pulse until it has a consistency similar to rise.
- Pour cauliflower in the olive oil with onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper.
- Add sausage and sauce.
- Simmer until cauliflower is al dente and everything is hot.
- Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Let me know if you like this cauliflower risotto. Please pin on Pinterest and share on your social media networks if it looks yummy to you!