Are you looking for healthier French fries? Stop right here! This Dijon baked fries recipe is AMAZING! They are crisp on the outside, but soft on the inside. A coating of Dijon mustard adds a sweet and spicy zip. You’ll be addicted in no time. The leftovers kept disappearing off the baking sheet at my house, long after the were cold..
It may seem strange that I’m using salt-free Mrs. Dash, but then sprinkling the fries with salt. I like the flavor combinations Mrs. Dash offers. I usually go with the traditional blend. You can substitute other varieties or any other spices you like.
French fries need salt in my opinion, though! If you are trying to cut back on sodium, leave it out. These potato babies have plenty of flavor from their Dijon bath.
Put these in the oven and your house will be smelling good in no time from the mustard glaze. By using the aluminum foil, clean up is a breeze.
My Ketchup loving daughter didn’t even think to ask for the red stuff to dip these in! She gobbled ’em up by themselves.
If you’re looking for healthier French fries, give these Dijon baked fries a try.
Healthier French fries: Dijon Baked Fries Recipe
- •1 pound red potatoes
- •1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •Mrs. Dash salt free seasoning
- •Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash potatoes.
- Peel if desired, but I like to leave the skin on.
- Cut into wedges. Wedges should all be approximately the same size for even cooking.
- Combine mustard, olive oil and a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash in a bowl.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put raw potato wedges on baking sheet.
- Pour on mustard mixture.
- Mix the wedges and mustard with your hands to coat each potato piece.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer.
- Bake until brown, turning once. (Approximately forty minutes.)
- Sprinkle with sea salt before serving.