This blog contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission from your purchases.
Feel free to pin away.
How to Make an Amazing Fairy Cake In Under an Hour
- Decide to bake your bestie a belated birthday cake an hour before she and her dude arrive at your house.
- Pull out the box of pink lemonade cake mix you got on clearance for .35 at Big Lots. Note it hasn’t quite expired. #winning
- Realize you have no eggs.
- Call teenage daughter who is on her way home and ask her to stop for eggs.
- Congratulate daughter’s boyfriend for carrying in the eggs without dropping them, unlike last time.
- Tell the other teenage couple who arrived with them about the time the boyfriend ruined Easter by dropping the eggs you bought to dye.
- Prepare cake batter.
- Pick out eggshell pieces the best you can and keep going.
- Ask daughter why batter is so thick.
- Assure her of course you followed directions. Duh.
- Pour thick batter in baking pan.
- Realize you didn’t follow directions and missed adding water.
- Add water directly to the pan and stir that bitch up. With a fork.
- Put cake in preheated oven (cuz you really did follow most of the directions).
- Realize you have no frosting.
- Decide to call it a trendy “naked” cake.
- Let cake cool about five minutes and then impatiently flip it onto a plate.
- Scream when it falls apart.
- Yell for daughter to ask her what to do.
- Do not accept defeat when she says throw it away.
- Put the broken pieces of cake back in place as teenagers try to eat them.
- Pile colorful mini marshmallows, gummy bears and pop rocks on top of broken cake as teenagers try to eat them.
- Proudly declare to bestie you have made a FAIRY CAKE especially for her when she arrives.
- Beam as she posts photos of the cake all over social media, declaring how loved she feels.
- Pass out hunks of Fairy Cake, which everyone declares delicious.
- Hope you are the only one crunching on eggshell.