This blog contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission from your purchases.
Here’s the question I recently posted on Facebook:
I’m trying to like fish. I have some frozen salmon fillets. What do I do with them?
My network came through with lots of suggestions. Here are over 21 suggestions for cooking frozen salmon.
- Garlic salt and bake
- Marinade them in a mix of ginger, orange juice, and soy sauce, and then grill or broil them
- Cook some crescent rolls, get some smoked salmon, sliced thin. Mix some chives in softened cream cheese. Put cheese mix and salmon in crescent rolls.
- I like to bake mine in the oven with a bit of butter, lemon slices, and lemon pepper.
- Salmon is a FAVORITE of mine. I use a rosemary and garlic seasoning from TONES. I just sprinkle generously on both sides and pan fry in a bit of olive oil. YUMMY!
- Cook them with butter and lemon!
- Grill, broil, fry, bake (350, 15 min or so, depending on your size and thickness). Butter, lemon, garlic. Smoke. Poach. Foil packs. Parchment paper packs. Salmon is my favorite fish. I would literally eat it every day. I’ve even had it for breakfast with eggs. My favorite is Lemon Caper Salmon.
- Teriyaki sauce on salmon is really good.
- Marinate them in a mixture of lime juice, Splenda brown sugar, and fresh ginger. Then grill them. So yummy.
- 2tsp. garlic 6tblsp. olive oil 1tsp dried basil 1tsp salt 1tsp pepper 1tblsp lemon juice 1tblsp parsley….. marinate 1 hour 375 in oven wrap individually in tin foil and put on a cookie sheet… awesome
- Teriyaki or Soy veh on top,then bake! You will love it. We also bake it with cream of mushroom…creamy fish … Kids love it.
- Grill after marinade with a sweet marinade (like honey bourbon)
- Marinate in fresh orange juice
- Not a great fish to start with. Try a whitefish and make fish tacos- cut fish into chunks and sauté in a little butter or oil, garlic, cumin, salt/pepper and lime. Serve in corn tortillas with some chopped cabbage, onion, cilantro, salsa, guac or whatever else you like on tacos. I usually serve it with a side of black beans and rice.
- With a dill cream sauce yum….my kids love salmon
- Broil with dill and butter
- Drizzle with honey and broil
- 350-400 degrees, 15-20 minutes, depends on how thick they are… they should be flaky and not translucent when done. I drizzle with lemon juice and use a salmon seasoning I bought.
- I like it baked w salt, pepper, lemon. I also cook it on my griddle so it gets a little crispy. Whatever you do, don’t over cook. Just until it is mostly cooked through and let it rest. It will finish.
- I mix 1tsp of soy sauce with 1 tsp of maple syrup and a dash of garlic powder and marinate the salmon in that for a few minutes and then bake it.
- Garlic, dill, and butter broil in the oven….mmmm
I ended up using olive oil, lemon and dill, but will definitely try several of these suggestions!
Do you have a favorite way to cook frozen salmon fillets?